OHIO BUSINESS COVID-19 Resource Links
Here’s the complete list of ‘essential businesses,’ according to the Ohio order:
- Stores that sell groceries and medicine: Grocery stores, pharmacies, certified farmers’ markets, supermarkets and convenience stores.
- Food, beverage, and licensed marijuana production and agriculture: Food and beverage manufacturing, production, processing and cultivation, including farming, livestock, fishing, baking and other production agriculture.
- Organizations that provide charitable and social services: Business and religious and secular nonprofit organizations, including food banks and providers of social services.
- Religious entities: Religious facilities, entities and groups and gatherings, including weddings and funerals.
- Media: Newspapers, television, radio and other services.
- First amendment protected speech
- Gas stations and businesses needed for transportation: That includes auto supply and repair businesses as well as farm equipment, construction equipment, boat repair and bicycle repair.
- Financial and insurance institutions: Bank, currency exchanges, consumer lenders, credit unions, title companies, financial markets, payday lenders and pawnbrokers.
- Hardware and supply stores: Businesses that sell electrical, plumbing and heating material.
- Critical trades: Building and construction and other trades, including plumbers, electricians, exterminators, cleaning and janitorial staff for commercial and government properties, security staff, HVAC, painting moving and relocation services.
- Mail, post, shipping, logistics, delivery and pick-up services: This included businesses that deliver groceries, food and alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Educational institutions: This is consistent with and does not amend to the prior order to close schools.
- Laundry services: Laundromats, dry cleaners and industrial laundry services.
- Restaurants for consumption off-premises
- Supplies to work from home: Businesses that sell or manufacture products needed to work from home.
- Supplies for essential businesses and operations: This includes businesses that sell, manufacture or supply a wide range of things – computers, electronics, hardware, sanitary equipment, medical equipment, optics and photography equipment, food and beverages, firearms and ammunition.
- Transportation: Airlines, taxis, Uber, Lift, vehicle rentals and marinas.
- Home-based care and services: Care for adults, seniors and children. This included nannies who may travel to the child’s home.
- Residential facilities and shelters
- Professional services: Legal, accounting, insurance and real estate services.
- Manufacture, distribution and supply chain for critical products and industries: The list includes pharmaceuticals, technology, biotechnology, health care, chemicals and sanitation, waste pickup, agriculture. Food and beverage, transportation, steel, petroleum, mining, construction and national defense.
- Critical labor union functions: Administration of health and welfare funds and personnel checking on the well-being of members providing services to Essential Businesses and Operations.
- Hotels and motels
- Funeral services
SEARCH OHIO BUSINESS & SOCIAL PROFILES – TOGETHER!
Welcome to the new ohiobiz profiles directory! I have had a passion for promoting Ohio businesses online since 1995 and, hopefully, this will translate to maintaining an accurate, solid, and clean business directory – strictly focused on the state of Ohio! This is an attempt at personalizing a business directory for site visitors — a little different than the others out there! The Buck stops here (maybe the Buckeyes do too)!! Go to the Update Your Listing page to correct any inaccuracies in your business listing. So, please use the form as I will attempt to update a listing within 24 hours, in most instances.
Visit my blog as I will be updating it on a regular basis with additions to the site on a county-by-county and city-by-city basis (we have only just begun and have a long way to go to conquer all 88 counties – it’s a marathon but, hopefully, it will be a lot of fun as well! New features and Ohio resources will be added in the very near future along with a paid listing level and sponsorship opportunities.
So, for the time being, if your county/city is “active,” please check your listing! If your area isn’t “active,” it will be in the near future so keep checking back.
Enjoy the journey!
Mark J. Geyman
ohiobiz LLC / ohiobiz profiles directory